Home

Saturday, June 22, 2013

[130622] TVReport Interview: ‘What if she had not been CL of 2NE1? What if she had lived as Chae-lin?’


[TVReport] “Don’t I look cool on stage? But I cannot remember the four people who were with me on stage.” “My clothes are a little splendid, right? Open my wardrobe, and you will find wardrobes even more splendid.” “Am I charismatic? I actually try to be cute and pretty in my own way. Don’t you like it?”
It was not rapping, but there was a beat between her words. She answered every question one by one. Her background had been a hot issue before. She was much cleverer and smarter in person than thought. She is known as 2NE1’s CL to the public, but she was Chae-lin full of dreams and female sentiments.

CL (Lee Chae-lin) released her first solo ‘The Baddest Female’. She topped music charts without other 2NE1 members and came in the first place in the chart of a TV music program. CL said, “The release of my solo song itself is meaningful and I am happy with it.” The result, however, was much better than she wished.

‘The Baddest Female’ was created in no time by producer Teddy early this year. They came up with the song title while they were joking around. Coincidentally the song title was similar to that of her senior artist Lee Hyo-ri, Bad Girls, but their genres and stage presentations were totally different.



“Many people are wondering how similar CL on stage and Chae-lin in daily lives with ‘The Baddest Female.’ CL on stage may be similar to the baddest female as she has the impression of a mischievous girl. Chae-lin is the opposite of her. Still, she may have the image of the baddest female. ‘Bad’ does not mean ‘evil’. It means ‘cool.’ It is a ‘cool girl’. I want to become a cool girl. (laugh)”

◆ Want to eliminate prejudice on Korean girl groups and Asian women

2NE1 has been the center of attention since their debut both in Korean and overseas. No wonder keen interest is shown in them since they are on an absolutely different path from other girl groups.

“I wanted to break down prejudice on Korean and Asian women and girl groups. I wanted to promote the voice of women. I tried to let people know that Korea has a girl group like us. Not everyone would like us, but I would like to let people know that Korea has a girl group that is special in some way. Is it too grandiose to say that I wanted to eliminate prejudice toward Korea? (laugh).”

CL said she forgets what she did on stage. After four minutes of performance, she comes down from the stage only with the energy she received from interaction with audience. CL, who impresses audience with powerful charisma, shyly smiled and said, “I am doing something cute and pretty in my own way. Interpretation of it is different.” She showed her confidence, too, saying that she has many things to show.

“I hope to release an official album, not a single one. If CEO Yang Hyun-suk can do so, I will do my best (laugh). I do not like compliments. I pull off a good result without compliments. The concept of 2NE1 is to enjoy stage to the fullest. 2NE1’ new album, which will come out soon, will bring you enjoyable music as well. I want to become an artist who can have a good influence on others. “ 



◆ Leader of 2NE1 vs 23-year-old Chae-lin who hopes to fall in love

The glittering image of 2NE1 is largely attributable to CL. Her fashion sense is extraordinary so much so that she is mentioned to be one of the best-dressed celebrities by fashion designers in and out of Korea. During the promotion of her solo, she performed in her own wardrobe. She says, unexpectedly, that she does not like shopping.

“I prefer looking around than buying things. When I buy clothes I pick those likely to be used as stage costumes. So I do not have any clothes to wear in everyday life. I wore stage costumes when I met my family or friends, which made me too outstanding {meaning sticking out}. My wardrobe is filled with splendid clothes now (laugh). This year’s trendy item? The white color that I wore on stage lately. It  contrasts well with dark tanned skin. ”

CL turns back to Chae-lin when she takes a break. She usually spends time at home cooking alone. She frequently takes a walk since she likes to see nature. She sometimes visits Holt Children’s Services as she loves babies. She is really happy when she hangs out with babies as much as she wants.

Not many people, however, know that part of Chae-lin. They remember CL who emits fierce charisma on stage in bold fashion and with a golden tooth. She feels sad that it is why she could never had a date since debut. She is just a common 23-year-old girl Chae-lin who wishes to go on a simple date with a boyfriend.

“Many people say, ‘what if you had not debuted as 2NE1?’ Well, I think that I would have lived a good life as a college student. I would have become a diligent student Lee Chae-lin who studies hard and passionately.”





Source: TVReport via Naver Starcast

No comments:

Post a Comment